RTE admissions: Over 3K applicants still await seats

Written By kom nampultig on Rabu, 14 Mei 2014 | 22.23

MUMBAI: More than 3,000 students applying for reserved seats under the RTE Act were left out in the first round of admissions. This, despite the number of available seats being higher than that of applicants for the 25% seats set aside in unaided non-minority schools for the economically backward kids.

Tuesday's lottery was only for 57 schools which received more applications than were available. In 171 schools, which received applications lower than the number of seats available, students were allotted a seat directly. As many as 84 schools did not get a single application. Among the vernacular schools, only one Marathi-medium school received an application.

The online admissions were conducted by the BMC for the first time. Of the 8,223 seats available, 3,380 were allotted to students in schools within the 3km radius of their homes. "Parents, who were notified through an SMS, will have to visit the school and secure admission before May 20. Schools will verify the documents and confirm the admission," said Shambhavi Jogi, BMC education officer.

The department received 4,764 applications for the 1,569 seats. "There are enough seats available but parents have preferences and there are a few schools that are in demand and there are some which are not," said education commissioner, S Choklingam. In spite of the large pool of seats on offer, 3,157 children are left without a seat.

The department has assured that students who are left out will get another opportunity. "Students might have been allotted a seat in more than one school. They will secure admission in the school of their choice. So at the end of stage one, there will be more vacant seats in schools with surplus applications. We will conduct another stage of allocations for them," said Choklingam.

A second round of admissions may also be scheduled to give another chance to children who missed registering this time. "A fresh round of admissions may be conducted to fill up the seats that will remain vacant," said secretary of school education, Ashwini Bhide.

Activists and parents who have been able to secure a seat in a private school are satisfied with the online process except for the lack of choice. "This time, the online centralized admissions were much better. But last year, the choice of schools was much wider," said activist, Avisha Kulkarni.


Anda sedang membaca artikel tentang

RTE admissions: Over 3K applicants still await seats

Dengan url

http://cegahkeropostulang.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/rte-admissions-over-3k-applicants-still.html

Anda boleh menyebar luaskannya atau mengcopy paste-nya

RTE admissions: Over 3K applicants still await seats

namun jangan lupa untuk meletakkan link

RTE admissions: Over 3K applicants still await seats

sebagai sumbernya

0 komentar:

Posting Komentar

techieblogger.com Techie Blogger Techie Blogger